The Historic tales from the Royal Abbey of Fontevraud has been designed exclusively for you in partnership with the abbey. Accommodated in the royal courtyard, the course combines the delights of learning French in an exceptional setting with the pleasures of hands-on cultural workshops led by heritage experts.
60 hours of exceptional French immersion :A once in-a-lifetime experience awaits you in the Abbey !
About the Royal Abbey of Fontevraud :
A pioneering monk, Robert d’Arbrissel was a hermit devoted to prayers and poverty. Around 1100 he founded what was to become one of the wealthiest and impressive monastic settlements of the Christian West. With its 45 hectares and three priories, the community was run for 700 years by nuns under the protection of the king. Here is the chosen resting place of Henri II, King of England, his wife Eleanor of Aquitaine, his son Richard I and the wife of his other son King John, Isabella of Angoulême.
About the Centre Culturel
de l’Ouest :
No deaths but life however now triumphs at Fontevraud. The Cultural Centre for the West was created 40 years ago; quickly offering cultural heritage workshops to history and architecture lovers. Numerous concerts are also staged there.
What’s included :
- You will be speaking French a minimum of 60 hours a week with class-linked activities with constant support from your trainer
- 6 restaurant meals with your teacher ( supplement for 12 meals)
- on-site lodging in owner’s 4-star 140m2 gite or 50m2 loft.. Rate
- local transport,
- programmed visit entrance fees,
- local events,
- level assessment with certificate and course materials.